Friday, March 25, 2016

A Man is Only as Strong as his Coffee

Tonight, as I sit on my couch scrolling on social-media, I realize how much I am becoming like one of my heroes. I look down and realize that not only do I act like Him, dream like Him, and even get frantically nervous like him, but I take my coffee black with a small spoonful of sugar,
 JUST. LIKE. HIM.

On a normal occasion, this wouldn't even come to mind, the coffee isn't that big of a deal. But, as I am frantically nervous while I dream about my future, one person comes to mind:
My hero.


When the word hero comes to mind, what do you think about? Honestly, 99% of the time, I think about Captain America. Lame, I know. But, you can't forget about the real heroes. You know, those heroes whose only script is scripture. Those are the real heroes, who don't just save our physical lives, but our spiritual lives too. No matter how far you fall, they never cease to amaze you with their grace and mercy. When all else fails, they don't.

I miss my hero, 2,600 miles away, I can't pour him a cup of coffee or sit under his teachings. But one thing keeps my heart happy. He is living in the will of God and serving his purpose in Ecuador.

 I love you Robert! I can't wait 'til y'all come home!







No comments:

Post a Comment